I use JOSM, and pasting the URLs from the "Imagery and data sources" page is fine with me, at least for short or medium term.

And I think it is actually much simpler to do this than having to query from getCapabilities. I encountered layers that didn't work with QGis, for example.

Best regards,

Jean-Guilhem

David G. Smith PE PLS a écrit :

In editing OSM, I have mainly been working with Merkaartor of late, which has good support for WMS -- in switching over and looking at JOSM again, I was working with the WMS plugin and one thing I note there is that it does not appear to have functionality for querying a server's capabilities (getCapabilities request) and then presenting the user with a list of supported layers, SRS and so on -- that functionality would go quite far toward simplifying and facilitating connecting to WMS services for users, as opposed to having to manually construct URL strings and try to guess at what is going wrong when trying to access new services... Is anyone currently working on that functionality? If so, how can others contribute to the effort?

Thanks,

Dave Smith

*Synergist Technology Group, Inc. <http://www.synergist-tech.com/>***

A Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business

*David G. Smith PE PLS*
/VP/Director of Geospatial Information Technology/

*Synergist Technology Group, Inc.*
200A Main Street
Peckville, PA 18452-2406 <http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=200A+Main+Street&csz=Peckville%2C+PA+18452-2406&country=us>

dsm...@synergist-tech.com <mailto:dsm...@synergist-tech.com>