John,
You (and Stefan) are probably right - making an OSM to TomTom data format
converter would probably be more sensible and take less effort.

I had hoped that the TomTom code would have had a standard graphics library
included so it would be easy to port an existing OSM based router to it, but
it will take quite a bit of effort to port a suitable library to it.

The difference is, I can see a way through building an application on the
device (which could include GPX track logging etc.), but I don't really know
where to start decoding a proprietary data format!

Maybe someone else knows how to go about de-coding the data format?

Regards

Graham.

--
Dr. Graham Jones