On 8 Apr 2010, at 15:18, John Smith wrote:

> On 8 April 2010 23:09, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> maybe I don't get the meaning of this thread, but just in case, are
>> you aware of this:
>>
>> http://www.opentom.org/OpenTomSDL
>>
>> more Info here:
>> http://www.opentom.org/OpenTom:Community_Portal
>> and here
>> http://www.opentom.org/Main_Page
>
> Nothing seems to indicate how to replace the data on a tomtom device
> with another source of data, just how to build routes and POIs...

I, for one, would love to see OSM maps on my Tom Tom to avoid issues like
http://yfrog.com/0r1p1j and http://img207.yfrog.com/i/pk7n.jpg/

I didn't think it was likely to be possible though, don't they use DRM to stop
this as if you could get OSM data on there you'd be able to steal their data
too. I guess there must be a way as most other DRM has been cracked, but not
going to hold my breath.

John