On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 5:21 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 7 August 2010 03:14, SteveC <st...@asklater.com> wrote:
> > If they have several orders of magnitude more money then probably the
> cost/benefit tradeoff would suggest throwing out the data is the better
> option.
>
> Even wikipedia doesn't take that attitude, they're currently being
> threatened by the FBI over a SVG image.

That's different because the FBI is quite obviously wrong. There is a law
that says they are wrong.

Almost any complaint that someone might bring against OSM would be a brand
spanking new, precedent-less, law-less (there aren't clear laws about data
rights) suit. We don't want to be groundbreaking when it comes to data
copyright court cases, I don't think.