Felix,

Felix Hartmann wrote:
Instead of just moaning about the Odbl, let's stark working on a future without Odbl. So let's do our best to convince as many mappers as possible to not accept Odbl, reopen registration to people who want to contribute under CCBYSA2.0 terms, and put pressure on OSMF and others to tell them that if they decide to go the Odbl way, they will loose us and also be faced with a fork.

I am all for people being constructive, so you have my support if you want to create a fork, and I have no reason to tell people that they should not support that. There are certainly good uses for a fork.

However, you do not only want to create a fork but *also* do your best to harm the rest of the project that goes along with ODbL. You say you want to convince as many people as possible not to sign up to ODbL, in order to cripple that effort, with the hope of in the end forcing everyone to stick with your fork.

These two aspects are separate - you could set up a fork *without* doing anti-ODbL propaganda.

I think this is unnecessary. Also, from discussions myself various others had with you on the German forum, I still have the impression that your opposition to ODbL is based on fear and uncertainty and not on fact. I don't think you have understood (or are willing to understand) the reasons for changing the license.

(If you feel you need to discuss this further, please make sure to do so on legal-talk and not here.)

This is not a good starting position for a fork. I'd rather have somone do it who doesn't do it out of blind protest and political propaganda.

Bye
Frederik