* Tirkon <tirko...@yahoo.de> [2012-06-06 21:11 +0200]:
> Worst Fixer <worstfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >It means that we must revert things like TIGER and CanVec. Am I right?
>
> I think fundamentally you are right with this point. My impression is
> that many people at OSM regret these imports - in fact the longer they
> are involved in the project.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm happy that TIGER was imported.  I
grumble about its quality problems and quirks all the time, usually while
I'm fixing them, but I think the US is much better off with that import
than it would have been without it.  I've only been here for a couple of
years, so maybe I haven't been around long enough to regret it, but I
probably wouldn't have gotten started with OSM if the TIGER-imported
framework hadn't already made it reasonably useful to start with.

--- --
The universe is complex, but it's usefully complex.
                       -- Larry Wall