Phil! Gold writes:
 > I can only speak for myself, but I'm happy that TIGER was imported.  I
 > grumble about its quality problems and quirks all the time, usually while
 > I'm fixing them, but I think the US is much better off with that import
 > than it would have been without it.

Me too. I think that the people who wish that the USA had been mapped
just like Europe have NO IDEA how big the USA is, nor how empty it is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton_County,_New_York
It is comparable in size to Fiji, Kuwait, Slovenia, or Israel, but
only 5,000 people live there. There is only one diesel station in the
entire county.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog