Ian Sergeant wrote:
Sorry, but in this case how the **** would they know if someone had cross
>checked something against Streetview? There is NO need to make any mention
>of that and yes I do cross check,
Perhaps they might read your email on a public list?

And what does that prove? They can certainly trawl through everything everybody has contributed and try and identify some single item that might have been viewed on Streetview. If I'm not allowed to look at Streetview simply because I also contribute then that is just insane? They 'copy' enough from other sources that many of their claims would be difficult to justify in a court of law ... but the whole basis of Streetview is that THEY are free to photograph private property without any reference to the property owner while we would be prosecuted if we climbed up a ladder to look at the same view? Using that information in another website might well make us liable for prosecution, where Google just ignore the problem?

I'll carry on looking at Streetview and filling in bits on OSM that Streetview misses anyway :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL