Floris Looijesteijn wrote:
On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk
<mailto:les...@lsces.co.uk>> wrote:

    Sorry, but in this case how the **** would they know if someone had cross
    checked something against Streetview? There is NO need to make any mention
    of that and yes I do cross check, but MORE simply to confirm that Streetview
    even has it visible. Around here coverage from Streetview is not complete
    and some smaller roads have no coverage, so having looked is THAT now a
    problem? I also check business address data against bing/google/yell - it's
    not their property as they have copied it from other peoples sites anyway?

By showing the relation between Streetview accesslogs and edits on OSM?
They could easily do that.

Only if they can prove that anonymous activity on one is directly related to some identified activity on the other at an unrelated time ... I am sure a court would only accept a proven pattern rather than a vague relationship.

I have a fixed IP address, so am identified, but I'm still happy that viewing a similar area does not constitute proof of any copying.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL