THIS...IS...AWESOME! :)

There are of course feature requests/suggestions.

1) Make it more obvious for people that the POIs can be clicked on. It
doesn't have to be on the POIs themselves so it might fall outside of
your technical solution. Or maybe lift the solution from Wikipedia's POI
map since it's already been done (if license permits).
2) Internationalization would be great.
3) Rather than displaying the tags and their values, translate them into
user-friendly strings. A complete list of tags could just clutter the
UI. Like if one click's on the border of Reykjavík (capital of Iceland)
and choose Reykjavík. It's mainly a list of the city's name in other
languages, which has very limited use.
4) Display information when clicking on buildings. Not just about the
POIs themselves, also the construction year and such. Maybe present the
complete address within the country if available. I'd think the general
public would like that very much.
5) Link to the Wikipedia entry if there is one, with priority to the
UI's language of choice. This has been done before, I think, in the
Wikipedia POI map. You could maybe use the same api to get the correct
language.
6) And of course make the code configurable in the backend so others can
implement it easily on their OSM sites. :)

With regards,
Svavar Kjarrval