I think Serge was focusing on a human-readable summary of changesets,
but his code may be usable for creating a more human-friendly POI
inspector.
My 2¢ for taking this from good to great:

* Restrict to POIs and buildings with POI-type tags. Metadata for
streets is much less useful for the general public. Additionally I
could envisage a nerd mode where everything-inspection would be
enabled.
* Only enable at zoom 16+
* Perhaps some (increased) amount of buffering so users don't have to
click exactly on the POI icon.
* Make it human-readable as discussed.
* JOSM / Potlatch link for logged-in users. Some other unobtrusive 'I
know something about this POI that's not on the map, show me how to
add' link for anonymous users.

Great stuff, this.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 3:32 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On 01/21/13 11:21, Tobias Knerr wrote:
>>
>> Yes, indeed - from the way I imagined the POI display, it should not
>> simply be a list of tags, but a human-friendly presentation. This
>> includes filtering, formatting and translations from tags to human
>> language and presentation conventions.
>

> Isn't that (tags to human-readable description) exactly what Serge (Cc as
> I'm not sure he's on talk) has been building recently in another context?
>
> Bye
> Frederik
>
> --
> Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail frede...@remote.org  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"