To me, fixme tags always come with the implied 'I don't know, it needs surveying from a more knowledgeable local mapper' so I don't think a widespread mechanical edit will help.

As others have said: What's the problem with these tags? As they're not harming the database. How will deleting them improve the quality of the database?

Keep Right has the option to ignore fixmes that are irrelevant to a user.

From what I've seen information added to 'Notes' is worse than fixmes.

For a really useful mass edit, remove all the created_by=* tags that are attached to thousands (millions?) of nodes.

Dave F.