On 25/02/2015, sly (sylvain letuffe) <lis...@letuffe.org> wrote:
> On mercredi 25 février 2015, you wrote:
>> +1, in any case it seems more likely that the problems gets fixed with a
>> fixme tag than without.
>
> -1
> I do think this is is only true in a short term view.
> Push that reasoning to the extrem, should we add fixme=* tags for every QA
> tool report, people will get lazy about it and just stop fixing things.
> The initial goal of "more fixme, more chances to get fixed" might be lost

That extreme goes against the "if existing QA tools can spot the issue
already, then a fixme is not needed" rule, so it won't happen.

A bloated fixme/notes db is indeed no fun. But removing usefull notes
is like a company canceling contracts to solve server scaling issues.
We "just" need to agree on the usefullness threshold, which of course
is a subjective thing.