Hi Michal,,

> Successful attribution guidelines published by the OSMF will make it much
> easier to decide how to interpret the ODbL.

The problem is, I expect the current draft will not get support from the
community so for me its back to my original question.

Given the community concern about the lack of ‘community required attribution’
by Facebook (and other major corporations) do you think it would be beneficial
for Facebook to take a corporate lead in updating attribution to that accepted
by the community, without the need for further guidelines. I have found that
when requested politely to update the attribution as requested at
https://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright, most organisations do the right thing
by the community.

To me this has more to do with how much Facebook values the OSM Community…not a
legal definition/interpretation of ODbL licencing

Cheers – Phil