Hello Nick,

On  Wednesday, January 26, 2000  at  19:49:47 GMT -0800 (which was 7:49 PM where I
live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed:

> On Wednesday, January 26, 2000, 6:35:50 PM, Januk Aggarwal wrote:

>>> But that's not exactly -auto- in my mind.  Auto should mean no user
>>> intervention.

>>  Not necessarily. I think it is far better this way, since I may have
>>  a valid reason for typing a misspelled word in a given message. I
>>  can't think of a good example right now, but I'm sure you can think
>>  of something. :)

> I usually use thes (sic) as my way of indicating a purposely misspelled
> word,

 That's a good way of doing it, but if the "Auto" Correct option tried
 to change it on you, your "(sic)" would refer to a correctly spelled
 word.  And that might not make any sense at all... :)

 I personally don't like Auto-Correctors.  They are handy if you're
 typing fast, but what if you type something like:

 "...and, hwo are you?"
          ^^^
 Should it read, "...and, how are you?" or "...and, who are you?"

 At least if it stays hwo, it is more likely one will catch the
 mistake. If the Spell Checker forces the wrong one, it can be hard to
 find the mistake, even with a proof read. Especially in e-mail where
 tone is *extremely* important. If one asks "How are you," it is
 generally a nice friendly question, but "Who are you," can be taken
 as very offensive, in the right context.

 The way TB does it is very nice, it makes it very easy to find
 obvious mistakes.

 Just a little more than my two cents worth... :)

--
Thanks for writing
 Januk

 Using The Bat! 1.39