Hello Adrian,

On Saturday, June 14, 2014 you wrote:

AG> Sunday, June 15, 2014, 1:10:22 AM, you wrote:

>> Well, it helps only in making me realize **once again** that if I continue
>> to use
>> HTML (in all correspondence except those to TB!)  I'm gonna have these
>> weird problems

AG> HTML      doesn't     belong    in   email  in  the  first  place  (if
AG> that "formatting" is actually important, put it in an attachment, e.g.
AG> PDF) and particularly not on mailing lists. Same goes for mail
AG> from "do not reply" and "no reply" addresses.

Well personally I like to have the ability to more accurately express
myself with bold or italics or even underline.  In my original query I
am forced to use asterisks to emphasize text which, in my opinion,
should be italicized.  I think that if HTML "doesn't belong in email"
then I have to wonder why the coders included it in such a powerful
and versatile email client like TB!.  I'll bet a lot of coding time
went into including HTML.  If you were using MS Word or some other
word processor or even (cough, cough) **Gmail!**, you'd always have
those formatting choices available.  Why should email be denied those
options?  Perhaps some arcane, outdated protocol?  As Thomas said:
"Welcome to the 21st century."

--
Best Regards,
Jack LaRosa

Using The Bat! ver: 5.2.
Running Windows 7 Pro ver 6 build 7601 Service Pack 1