Hi

On Wednesday 27 August 2014 at 1:57:17 PM, in
<mid:1145046091.20140827085...@cetussoft.com>, Fred wrote:

> Of course, it would be a rather large (and risky)
> extrapolation to claim that this is true under all
> situations (which is why I said "appear as" in my
> original reply). Therefore, as you have said, it's a
> good idea to save as both types of files, and such
> "paranoia" might be good insurance. :-)

I thought the two were the same.

But <http://www.zamzar.com/convert/msg-to-eml/> says:-

    MSG was originally designed for the Microsoft Exchange mail
    document, this format is widely used by all of Microsofts
    infrastructure solutions. MSG files consist of main message body,
    calender, contacts and reminders, these are arranged in a
    hierachial directory structure and underpinned by MAPI (Microsofts
    Messaging Application Programming Interface). A MSG file are often
    formed by Outlook Express of Microsoft Outlook. They are saved as
    COM structured storage OLE2 compound documents and consist of
    several streams with sub tags. A MSG file maybe encoded in either
    Binary or ASCII.

And:-

    EML was designed to store e-mail messages in the form of a plain
    text file. It is structured with a header and main body, the
    header consists of the email address of both the sender and
    recipient, the subject and time and date the email was sent. The
    main message area of the email is described as the body and can
    contain hyperlinks and file attachments. EML files were created to
    comply with the industry RFC 822 standard which is the standard
    format for Arpa Internet text messages first conceived in August
    1982. EML files contain plain ASCII text for the headers and the
    main message body and may be exported for the purposes of
    archiving and storage.

--
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-gro...@riseup.net

Gypsy Dwarf Escapes Prison: Small Medium at large

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3