Hi guys!

The fractional values are accepted, but are rounded to next whole number of pixels in current resolution (that's what the AR="adjust to resolution" function does).

Jean-Pierre Coulon wrote:
       1 setlinecap                      % to exactly 2 pixels in 300 dpi
Is it useful to change this line too?
This affects the connection style of polygons. Try different values and check the tip of the hairpin in high resolution. I don't expect any noticeable effect, though.
Can I redefine /DC in my MusiXTeX source instead of hacking into psslurs.pro? I want to provide a MusiXTeX source usable by others.
You can use the following code to change the definition of /DC:
\special{ps: s...@dict begin /DC { /y2 ED /x2 ED /y1 ED /x1 ED gsave 1 AR ceiling setlinewidth 1 setlinecap 1 setlinejoin x2 y2 10 AR add moveto x1 y1 lineto x2 y2 10 AR sub lineto stroke grestore } def end}}%

But I have now no way to test it, let me know if it worked.

Hope this helps,

Stanislav.

Bob Tennent wrote:
  >|How can I make these hairpins as thick as the font-based hairpins, i.e.
  >|about as thick as a staff line?

Look at the crescendos section of psslurs.pro:

         1 AR ceiling setlinewidth         % line thickness: this results
         1 setlinecap                      % to exactly 2 pixels in 300 dpi

Change the 1s to 2s (and, to be consistent, adjust the comment).
Fractional values (1.5, say) don't seem to work.

Bob T.