Fabien:

About the stuff you showcased in the screencast, I find that it's a simple
improvement that totally makes sense: it's not bloated, it's simple yet provide
really welcome additional features: congrats for the idea.

Now a suggestion: I think the way records are linked together and how this is
presented to the end user is not always handled consistently and this certainly
looses the user instead of making him feel he is confronted to a consistent and
logical interface.

Take the sale orders and the purchase orders as an examples: in the purchase
orders, there is a right side link to the related picking while in the sale
orders the related picking are displayed in the third tab: not consistent.

Same thing on the product form: there is a right side link to the sold products
but not to the purchased products. Why?
I proposed a simple merge for those obvious case, but with not review so far:
https://code.launchpad.net/~rvalyi/openobject-addons/smile-trunk-patches

I'm sure you could end up with a more consistent way of displaying related
records. I should say I like the right side links but may be their should be
better way to organize their display. Also may be that as soon as you show
related records in a tab, may be those should also be available from the right
links or may be removed from the from view. I don't really know what is the
best solution but I think that more consistence here would automate users
learning and make him feel he is confonted to a very logical (and robust)
system instead of having doubts why things are this way.

Finally may be that adding a color theme or even palette or icons themes for
every objects and group of objects could help the user know better where he is
and what he is doing. Thus, a link to an invoice in a sale order would be
immediately and visually identified. Not sure this is doable. Too many colors
and the same view should also be avoided. So not really sure what could be done.

Hope this helps

Raphaël Valyi

http://www.smile.fr

http://www.openobject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=37319#37319