Thanks a lot for documenting your experience.

> • Creating a Starting Balance
> Presetting balance items to reflect the proper starting position can be done
> as follows:
> - define a starting journal (configuration > financial accounting > financial
> accounts > financial journals), type ‘ situation’ and ‘centralized
> counterpart’
> - create two accounts called default credit account and default debit account
> and define the account numbers outside the range of numbers of the existing
> chart of accounts, account type ‘view’ and internal type ‘others’

Do you mean one of the account created will be of type view and the second one
of type other?
OR
Is it something along this line:
http://doc.openerp.com/book/3/3_9/entries_at_the_start_of_a_year.html

> • Outstanding Debtors and Creditors
> Defining outstanding debtors and creditors to reflect the proper starting
> position can be done as follows:
> - add names and addresses of all debtors and creditors as a partner
> (relations > relations)
> - make an invoice for every item related to an existing outstanding debtor or
> outstanding creditor

Our situation is quite different in the sense that we record money owed us. Is
it not possible to use the entries encoding to debit the partner?[/url][/quote]

http://www.openobject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58472#58472