[quote=coolmanlg]
Our situation is quite different in the sense that we record money owed us. Is
it not possible to use the entries encoding to debit the partner?[/quote]

You can insert your debtor and creditor balance directly in your starting
balance by naming the partner into the partner field, using the correct debtor
and creditor account with the corresponding value. Use the name/description
field to reflect the invoice number. Do this for all outstanding invoices in
the old system. That way you are able to have correct partner balances and can
reconcile these entries.

The suggestion to create new invoices for the outstanding invoices is
technically possible, but does your government accept 2 invoices for the same?
These are legal documents! Therewith reconciling will be painful as partner use
the old invoice number as reference and you have to reconcile the new invoice
in the new system. As a side effect, creating new invoices is more time
consuming then creating a entry line in your journal.

Jan
www.veritos.nl
www.supportandmaintenance.org

http://www.openobject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58486#58486