Hello Kenneth,

this all sounds logical to me. So I think it will do. Do you know how to to launch the command and possibly wait for it to finish? I'd suggest the Runtime.exec() and Process calls?

Wim.

Kenneth Pouncey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

17/06/2005 16:04

Please respond to
tn5250j-general@lists.sourceforge.net

tn5250j-general@lists.sourceforge.net
cc
Subject
Re: [Tn5250j-general] STRPCCMD - STRPCO uses?

Wim

Yes I found that out after running a sniffer on CA.  I will bet it used to
though because it always says to run the PCO.EXE command on the PC side.  I
thought at first that was what was happening.  Really did not need to but wanted
to know for sure.

Here are the codes that are specified in the data stream:

-128 - Ø
-4 - Ü
-41 - P
-61 - C
-42 - O
64 -
-125 - c
-128 - Ø
-95 - ~
-128 - Ø
-128 - Ø  <--- This says to wait for process to finish a value of -127 says not
to wait.

Here is the code I added to writeToDisplay:

                                                                   case -128: // strpccmd
                                                                                    if (screen52.getCurrentPos() == 2) {

                                                                                       System.out.println("got a -128 command for strpccmd" +
screen52.getCurrentPos());
                                                                                       int[] crap = new int[15];
                                                                                       for (int i=1;i<11;i++) {
                         crap[i-1]+=bk.getNextByte();
                         System.out.println(crap[i-1] + " - " +
codePage.ebcdic2uni(crap[i-1]));
                                                                                       }
                                                                                       for (int i=1;i<11;i++)
                         bk.setPrevByte();
                                                                                       //sendAidKey(AID_ENTER);
                                                                                    }

There is no break; after this command so it continues processing as normal with
the default:

This dumps it all out.  I did not parse the command from the screen yet though.

Have kind of been thinking the best way to do this.  I did not want to parse the
command text directly from the datastream but will wait to build the full screen
and set a variable to say we are in command mode.

At the end of the code right before we do the update of the screen I will check
for this variable of whether true or false and if true will call the routine to
parse the command from the already translated screen.

This will also skip the call to update the screen so we see no flash.  Also with
the aid of this you will not get that last screen while doing a signoff.

I was parsing from the screen and checking for the codes but what I was thinking
was that with different languages those codes might be different because of the
translation from ebcdic to ascii.  Thus the reason for parsing it in
WriteToDisplay and not the place of scan method.

What do you think?

Regards

Kenneth

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]: