I've added a listener instance and notifications start working!
Thank you for the answer!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Wingfield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 7:31 PM
Subject: Re: shutdown tomcat

> So you added an instance of TestTomcatNotifications to a session as an
> attribute? That's the only way you'll get HttpSessionActivationListener
> events.
>
> You added a listener element to your web.xml registering
> TestTomcatNotifications as a HttpSessionListener?
> On shutdown sessionDestroyed(...) doesn't get called because the
> StandardManager persists sessions and doesn't destroy them.
>
> Let us know if you still don't get the sessionWillPassivate(...) event
> coz that would worry me.
>
> Jon
>
> Maksimenko Alexander wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > I created the following implementation of
HttpSessionListener,HttpSessionActivationListener.

> > public class TestTomcatNotifications implements HttpSessionListener,
HttpSessionActivationListener {
> >   public void sessionCreated(HttpSessionEvent se) {
> >     System.out.println("TestTomcatNotifications.sessionCreated(se)");
> >   }
> >   public void sessionDestroyed(HttpSessionEvent se) {
> >     System.out.println("TestTomcatNotifications.sessionDestroyed(se)");
> >   }
> >   public void sessionWillPassivate(HttpSessionEvent se) {

System.out.println("TestTomcatNotifications.sessionWillPassivate(se)");
> >   }
> >   public void sessionDidActivate(HttpSessionEvent se) {

System.out.println("TestTomcatNotifications.sessionDidActivate(se)");
> >   }
> > }
> >
> > So this class logs that some method was invoked only. But when I am shut
down tomcat neither sessionWillPassivate nor sessionDestroyed are been
invoked. In API Doc we can read that:
> > "A container that migrates session between VMs or persists sessions is
required to notify all attributes bound to sessions implementing