Rick,

The last time I did the process below, I waited up to 30 minutes and nothing
happened, how much am I supposed to wait then??

> If you call shutdown.sh (or tomcat.sh stop) and then do ps -eaf |grep java
> you will most likely see the process still running for a while. Once it
goes
> away you can restart. It won't restart 'cuz it hasn't shut down yet...
> hence, the port is still bound.

org.apache.tomcat.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultServerS
> ocketFactory.java:97)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
> :239)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector.start(PoolTcpConnector.java:188)