Running Tomcat 5.5.9 on Windows 2000 server.

I am trying to change the context path of an application, and it works fine when I put this into my server.xml:

<Context path="/wradev/pelican" docBase="e:\TomcatClients\Pelican\webapps\SiteData" debug="0" reloadable="true" autoDeploy="true" unpackWARs="true" crossContext="false"/>

According to the docs, putting this into the server.xml is not the preferred way, but when I put it into my webapps/SiteData/META-INF/context.xml, it doesn't seem to take effect, even when I stop and restart Tomcat.

Is there something I'm missing here? Or is it a bug which will be fixed in a later release.

Dave