Nobody has any suggestions about setting up a 2-level context path *without* putting it in the server.xml (it works fine in there)?

Dave

David Kerber wrote:

I guess I missed that part about paths - thanks for pointing that out.

How do I rename things to get the 2-level context path? This is an app I'm migrating from SilverStream to Tomcat, and I don't want to change the url my users use to connect to it.

David Smith wrote:

Intended behavior.  path attributes are ignored in context xml files.

If you'd like to change the name of the webapp, I'd suggest changing the
name of the .war file to change it's name.  If you aren't working with
.war files, change the name of the webapp folder and then the name of
it's context xml file located in config/Catalina/localhost.  Restart
tomcat and you're done.

--David

David Kerber wrote:

Running Tomcat 5.5.9 on Windows 2000 server.

I am trying to change the context path of an application, and it works
fine when I put this into my server.xml:

        <Context path="/wradev/pelican"
docBase="e:\TomcatClients\Pelican\webapps\SiteData" debug="0"
reloadable="true" autoDeploy="true" unpackWARs="true"
crossContext="false"/>

According to the docs, putting this into the server.xml is not the
preferred way, but when I put it into my
webapps/SiteData/META-INF/context.xml, it doesn't seem to take effect,
even when I stop and restart Tomcat.

Is there something I'm missing here?  Or is it a bug which will be
fixed in a later release.

Dave