Intended behavior.  path attributes are ignored in context xml files.

If you'd like to change the name of the webapp, I'd suggest changing the
name of the .war file to change it's name.  If you aren't working with
.war files, change the name of the webapp folder and then the name of
it's context xml file located in config/Catalina/localhost.  Restart
tomcat and you're done.

--David

David Kerber wrote:

> Running Tomcat 5.5.9 on Windows 2000 server.
>
> I am trying to change the context path of an application, and it works
> fine when I put this into my server.xml:
>
>          <Context path="/wradev/pelican"
> docBase="e:\TomcatClients\Pelican\webapps\SiteData" debug="0"
> reloadable="true" autoDeploy="true" unpackWARs="true"
> crossContext="false"/>
>
> According to the docs, putting this into the server.xml is not the
> preferred way, but when I put it into my
> webapps/SiteData/META-INF/context.xml, it doesn't seem to take effect,
> even when I stop and restart Tomcat.
>
> Is there something I'm missing here?  Or is it a bug which will be
> fixed in a later release.
>
> Dave

David Smith
Network Operations Supervisor