Gary wrote:
> the Ap. John is not the village idiot--he doesn't
> say or mean that their sins cease, are non-existent,
> or, that they are now completely perfect, but he
> does say/mean this about his perfect sinless friend,
> JC himself, whom he loves

Just to make sure we are clear:

"We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten
of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not."  (1John 5:18)

The first part, "we know that whosoever is born of God," is talking about
disciples of Jesus Christ (those who believe in Jesus Christ).  Right?  The
believer "sins not."  That is literally what it says.  There is no word or
tense that implies continual sin, or sinning.  It simply says that the
believer, a person who is born of God, sins not.

Are we in agreement with the language of this verse, and the interpretation
that it is speaking about those who believe in Jesus Christ?

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God."  (1John 5:1)