LOL!  I certainly don’t think women are smarter than men, either.  I just think we have “different smarts”.  J I agree with David M’s observation that women have not historically been great scientists or philosophers.  I just don’t agree with his conclusion: that women aren’t smart enough.  Women were smart enough to keep their smarts to themselves to keep from getting burned at the stake or whatever other penalties that might have involved. Izzy

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 10:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] CAN WE ELIMINATE WOMEN FROM THIS FORUM

In a message dated 5/6/2004 8:44:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

John, Funny, and so typical.  I remember once my Sweetie and I were attempting to figure out how many square feet our odd-shaped deck was so we could estimate gallons of paint we needed.  He (typically) got out his tape measure and went to elaborate work figuring it all out.  When he got done I said, “It looks like x square feet,” and he looked at me like I was some kind of weird wizard—so funny!  It was just what he spent all that time measuring and calculating. I’m terrible at math problems, so I’ve learned how to “guesstimate” pretty well. I think women can get to the same answer by using the opposite hemisphere that men do.  <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">We don’t even know how we do it. Like the gravy on the roast in “The Odd Couple”, “It just comes.”  J Izzy

So much for this fantasy that women are inferior.  They are smarter than us and they don't even know why, sometimes.   Depressing  -- John