Daniel wrote:
> One of the most common Hebrew words for teach that
> is used in scripture is:  yara  which means
> "to point out, inform, instruct".

Yeah, but "yara" has an even stronger connotation than that, which you
seem to ignore, such as shooting someone with an arrow!

Daniel wrote:
> FEMALES ARE NEVER ALLOWED TO DO THIS TO MEN
> per I Timothy 2.

I agree in terms of the definition and context of "yara," and that is my
understanding of passages like these, as I have said many times.  The
problem is that you use a more watered down definition of teaching and
using that definition, you attempt to argue that women should not
discuss Scriptures.

Daniel wrote:
> HOW !#&(*&@# <censored> IS THAT TEACHING DOCTRINE?

The phrase "teaching doctrine" is not found in the Bible.  The word
"doctrine" in the New Testament is equivalent to "teaching."  So you
keep throwing around a phrase that to me is very redundant and without
meaning.  You basically keep talking about "teaching teaching."

Please define in a Biblical manner what "teaching doctrine" is.
Certainly women should be able to discuss Scriptures, and even teach
them in the modern sense of what we mean by teach, which is really
sharing a viewpoint and understanding.  This should be done in
submission to men, which is the real force of the passages you have
quoted.  The passages are about authority, not teaching per se, but
authority might be exercised in teaching and that is why it mentions
teaching.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.