I am not trying to squeeze you into a corner.

DAVEH:   And I realize and appreciate that, Terry.  FWIW....I do not consider you to be an anti-Mormon.  At least you have not exhibited such tendencies as far as I can remember.

    Yes....I agree with vs 15.   However, the Lord does not always answer in a way we might expect.  Nor, did Jesus answer his accusers in a way they were expecting.  Many of his answers were veiled in a double meaning, that were intended to convey a truth without falling victim to their ploys to destroy him.  I don't mind responding to those who have honest questions about what I believe.  I've done that on many occasions here on TT, but as you know....not everybody likes or even believes my answers.  (And note....there are apparently some TTers who believe I should not be posting anything on TT.)   But on the other hand, I'm not going to set myself up to be a punching bag.  I simply don't feel compelled to respond to those who want to denigrate my beliefs any more than the Lord answered nothing when his enemies were beseeching him.  For anybody to use vs 15 as a reason for me to do so, I believe does not truly understand the gospel.

    FTR........I have explained that I am not going to discuss those things we do in the Temple that I feel are sacred.  I have also said that I do not want to further discuss LDS theology with anti-Mormons on TT.  (That's a tough one, as I tend to get sucked in on occasion.)   If you want to know what I believe, go ahead and ask.   Sometimes I fail to answer due to time constraints, or my inability to keep up with all the posts.  If I don't respond to an important question, feel free to ask again, Terry.

Terry Clifton wrote:
Yes Dave, I have a reference and am ready to give an answer.  Check out first Peter, 3:15.
You appear to be a nice guy,Dave, or at least you did up to this point.  Now you are making yourself suspect by hiding your light under a bushel.  I, for one, would respect you more if you were forthright instead of elusive, and for what it is worth, I try not to be anti- anyone.  I am not trying to squeeze you into a corner.  If you are prohibited from discussing you faith, tell me and I will ask no more.  If you are free to discuss your faith, answer a brother or brothers.  You will be criticized either way you turn, but that is to be expected by people who choose to follow Christ.
Terry

Dave Hansen wrote:
DAVEH:   I'm not sure I'd agree with you on that, Terry.  Do you have a reference?   It seems to me that there was a lot of stuff that was meant to be hidden....especially from those whose intent is to do harm.  Seems like Jesus set an example in Mk 15 when he refused to answer those who made false accusations against him....

[2] And Pilate asked him, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answering said unto him, Thou sayest it.
[3] And the chief priests accused him of many things: but he answered nothing.
[4] And Pilate asked him again, saying, Answerest thou nothing? behold how many things they witness against thee.
[5] But Jesus yet answered nothing; so that Pilate marvelled.

........If all things were meant to be revealed to anybody who asked, then why are there any mysteries in the Bible?

Terry Clifton wrote:
Hate to butt in here folks, but if memory serves me correctly, the Bible teaches us to always be ready to give an answer for what we believe.

Terry

Dave Hansen wrote:
DAVEH:  Nor has my implied answer been clear to you.  I've previously said I would not discuss our Temple ceremonies, nor do I want to discuss LDS theology with anti-Mormons.  Did you not understand that I consider it futile to due business with an anti-Mormon?   As I see it, anti-Mormons are not seeking truth, they are seeking to attack.

Charles Perry Locke wrote:
Dave,

  Perhaps my question has not been clear...

  What does "Pay Lay Ale" mean?

  If we are going to do business your way than lay your cards face up on the table.

Perry

--
Dave Hansen