What confusion would it cause?  I fail to see how it would be confusing at all.

> -1
>
> SNAPSHOT == bleeding edge == CVS HEAD
>
> Another note:  (please correct me if I'm wrong) but can't
> this be addressed on a project-by-project basis with
> <artifcatID> elements

It can be addressed in that way but it doesn't make sense.  In the case of Tomcat's
major versions (3, 4, 5), it makes the most sense (which is still none).  Think about
the implications for upgrading a dependency to a project that changes the artifactId
to allow for multiple snapshot versions:

<dependency>
  <id>tomcat-3</id>
  <version>3.3</version>
<dependency>

Upgrading to 3.4 makes sense....

<dependency>
  <id>tomcat-3</id>
  <version>3.4</version>
<dependency>

Upgrading to 4.1 does not makes sense....

<dependency>
  <id>tomcat-4</id>
  <version>4.1</version>
<dependency>

>From a user's point of view, it makes no sense to include version in the artifactId.
>It should be Tomcat, not Tomcat-X.

For a project like Torque, it makes even less sense to do something like that.

> - Mike

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]