Hi,

Jason has mentioned the idea of a POM repository a few times on this
list. I don't know exactly what he proposes to do with it but I have
also been thinking about something like that lately.

I have built quite a lot of Turbine 2.x/Torque webapps the last few
months and when writing the project.xml for these projects, I keep
running into the same problem. For each new webapp project I have to
manually copy all the dependencies from the turbine-2 and db-torque
project descriptors. If I upgrade from Turbine 2.2.0 to 2.2.1 or 2.3, I
have to check the Turbine project.xml to see if any of the dependencies
changed and make the relevant corrections in my own project.xml

Things would be a lot simpler if I could just say something like this:

<dependencies>
  <dependency ref="turbine-2.2.0"/>
  <dependency ref="torque-3.0.0"/>
<dependencies>

and Maven would lookup the relevant dependencies in a (local/remote) POM
repository somehow.

Is this what the proposed POM repository would be used for ? If not, how
about implementing something like this ?

Age