> Instead of a POM repository, how about a Global POM Macros
> file. (thinking out loud)
>
> There can even be the similar hierarchy to properties files.
> pom-macros.xml in Maven directory -> project directory ->
> user directory
>
> the macros file can contain stuff like
>
> <macro id="turbine-2.2.0">
>   <dependency>
>   </dependency>
>   <dependency>
>   </dependency>
> </macro>
>
> which can be placed in your POM as follows
>
> <dependencies>
>   <macro ref="turbine-2.2.0">
> </dependencies>

The problem with this is that I would still have to manually maintain my
own macro file to make sure the dependencies listed for the projects it
contains are up to date. But if Maven simply has access to a public
version of the turbine-2.2.0 POM, it can always resolve the correct
dependencies from there. Cut out the middle man :)

Age