Simon Laws wrote:
On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Raymond Feng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

For now, I recommend you to use "mvn clean install -fn" to continue. And
also please open a JIRA to report the problem you are seeing so that we can
track and fix it.

From: "Wojtek Janiszewski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 10:43 AM
To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Subject: GSoC Project - CORBA Support for Apache Tuscany

 Hi,
Raymond Feng checked in some skeleton code for CORBA services and
references binding. To start project I've tried to build Tuscany. I've
followed this document [1], tried to make top-down build with code from [2]
and got Build Failure while testing "Apache Tuscany SCA XML Assembly Model".
I'm using maven 2.0.7, jdk1.5.0_09, Slackware Linux running 2.6.23.12kernel.

Tests in error:

testResolveConstrainingType(org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.WireTestCase)
 testResolveComposite(org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.WireTestCase)

testReadWireWriteComposite(org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.WriteAllTestCase)

testPolicyIntentInheritance(org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.BuildPolicyTestCase)

Exceptions for every test are quite the same:
java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find
assembly-validation-messages bundle
       at java.util.logging.Logger.setupResourceInfo(Logger.java:1309)
       at java.util.logging.Logger.<init>(Logger.java:204)
       at java.util.logging.Logger.getLogger(Logger.java:300)
       at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.CompositeBuilderImpl$1.problem(CompositeBuilderImpl.java:89)
       at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.BaseConfigurationBuilderImpl.warning(BaseConfigurationBuilderImpl.java:297)
       at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.BaseConfigurationBuilderImpl.indexImplementationPropertiesServicesAndReferences(BaseConfigurationBuilderImpl.java:616)
       at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.BaseConfigurationBuilderImpl.configureComponents(BaseConfigurationBuilderImpl.java:197)
       at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.BaseConfigurationBuilderImpl.configureComponents(BaseConfigurationBuilderImpl.java:85)
       at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.ComponentConfigurationBuilderImpl.build(ComponentConfigurationBuilderImpl.java:47)
       at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.builder.impl.CompositeBuilderImpl.build(CompositeBuilderImpl.java:127)
       at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.BuildPolicyTestCase.setUp(BuildPolicyTestCase.java:126)
       at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
       at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
       at
org.junit.internal.runners.OldTestClassRunner.run(OldTestClassRunner.java:35)
       at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:62)
       at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:138)
       at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:125)
       at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:132)
       at
       at
       at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:308)
       at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:879)

[1] -
http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/sca-java-development-guide.html
[2] - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java

I'm asking you for a help, does anyone have idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Wojtek

Hi Wojtek

I cam across this problem also and checked in a fix so maybe it needs a
little something else. Can you tell me when you took the code from svn? Also
can you take a look in the source you have an tell me what properties files
you have in the directory sca/modules/assembly/src/main/resources/. Do they
have the same names as the files in the svn repository?

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/modules/assembly/src/main/resources/

Thanks

Simon

Hi Raymond, Simon,

Raymond:
I'd like to open a JIRA report. Which Tuscany component in JIRA should I choose?

Simon:
I've downloaded source code yesterday (30th April) about 1PM UTC +2. In sca/modules/assembly/src/main/resources/ I had two files:
assembly-validation-messages_en.properties
assembly-validation-messages_it.properties

After updating source code problem gone, but another one showed up:

 T E S T S
Running MonitorTestCase
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.102 sec <<< FAILURE!
testCreateProblem(MonitorTestCase)  Time elapsed: 0.038 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find tuscany-monitor-test-messages bundle
(...)

Results :

Tests in error:
  testCreateProblem(MonitorTestCase)

I've solved this one by renaming local file tuscany-monitor-test-messages_en.properties to tuscany-monitor-test-messages.properties.

Another problem occured:

Running org.apache.tuscany.sca.domain.manager.impl.DomainManagerTestCase
Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.609 sec <<< FAILURE! testDependencies1(org.apache.tuscany.sca.domain.manager.impl.DomainManagerTestCase) Time elapsed: 0.101 sec <<< ERROR! java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find workspace-validation-messages bundle
(...)

testDependencies2(org.apache.tuscany.sca.domain.manager.impl.DomainManagerTestCase) Time elapsed: 0.074 sec <<< ERROR! java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find workspace-validation-messages bundle
(...)

Results :

Tests in error:

testDependencies1(org.apache.tuscany.sca.domain.manager.impl.DomainManagerTestCase)
testDependencies2(org.apache.tuscany.sca.domain.manager.impl.DomainManagerTestCase)

And I also solved it like before.
Finally I end up with build error like this:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Couldn't find a version in [3.3.0-I20070620, 3.2.1-M20060915-1030, 3.3.0-I20070531-1800] to match range [3.3.0,4.0.0)
  org.eclipse.ui:ide:jar:null

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.ws.zone (http://ws.zones.apache.org/repository2),
apache.incubator (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository),
  repo1.eclipse (http://repo1.maven.org/eclipse/),
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  apache (http://maven.apache.org/maven2)

Looks like this one isn't connected with previous errors. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Wojtek