On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Raymond Feng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

Anyway, so would we be committing to doing this in time for the next
>> release? If so I can stop looking at upgrading the exsiting tools to work
>> with Axis2 1.4. Or is this just "something to look at in the furture" and
>> still need to get the existing tools running with Axis2 1.4 in time for
>> our
>> next SCA release?
>>

> Effort wise, which approach requires more? We need to make a good balance
> here. If the migration to 1.4 is an one-day work, then I think it's worth to
> migrate it 1st to have a working base.

Its not just about getting the old tool working again though - the current
tool code produces different wsdl than what the runtime does and it will get
even more different as we switch to the new runtime wsdl generation code,
and AFAICT we have nothing that uses the current tool, no doc on how to use
it, and no testcases. Yes writing a new tool based on the new runtime wsdl
generation code is more effort but isn't that inevertably going to happen so
spending any more time on the old tool code a bit redundant?