Mike Edwards wrote:
Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:

I took a look at binding-corba/.../CorbaServiceBindingProvider in trunk.

At the moment the ORB setup is in the start method of the provider (and there's no cleanup in the stop method). I'm not quite sure how this is going to work with multiple services sharing the same ORB.

I'm thinking that we'll need the following to support multiple services:

- A host-corba implementation (similar to host-ejb, host-rmi or host-http) to setup/tear the ORB when the Tuscany runtime starts/stops, independent of the registration of particular services with the ORB.

- Logic in that host-corba to set up the ORB in a lazy fashion when the first Corba service is registered.

- Only keep the ORB servant creation and naming bind/unbind in the service provider class.

Makes sense?

This is a bit of a tangent but it is related - I think that the BPEL code has the same general requirement. The current ODE runtime must be brought up and torn down independent of any individual service component. Ideally this is done at the start and end of the node - it is a relatively expensive process.

Thinking further, it is probably also true of the Spring runtime, although the expense there is low.

Yours,  Mike.

Yes, that makes sense to me.