On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ant elder wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>  Simon Nash wrote:

>>> environment...
>>>

>>>  What would be the granularity of these OSGi bundles?  If the bundles

>>> threads, where I've already given my opinion:
>>> - 1 bundle per module
>>> - clean API/SPI imports/exports
>>>

>> By "1 bundle per module" do you mean any sort bundled jar combining
>> multiple
>> of our tuscany/java/sca/module jars is not worth pursuing?
>>
>>   ...ant
>>

> I think that the right design is one bundle per maven module. I don't think
> that aggregating multiple modules into a single bundle makes much sense, or
> they should be aggregated in a single Maven module in the first place.

I'm not sure i agree with that, individual small maven modules are for
making things easier for developers, aggregated jars are for making things
easier for users. There is lots of prior discussion about the pros and cons
of this eg just search for all the projects using the shade plugin and then
their mailing lists when they did that. Though if we do go back to a runtime
launcher approach then users don't need to care so much as the launcher will
hide some of these internal details.