First of all, let me thank you all for helping on this release.
Recently there has been a lot of progress, and things are looking good
from the list of issues we had listed in the wiki [1]. The remaining
documentation tasks could probably go in parallel with the release
candidates. So, we should start thinking about creating a branch for
the next release sometime soon, probably over the weekend or Monday
and then start publishing release candidates from that.

Also, I think we should look into the following items before we create
the first RC :

  - run rat and make the results available
  - review the contents of license, readme, release_notes, changes, etc
  - review javadoc
  - make sure samples readme are updated and correct and the samples
are working ok on different environments

I'd also like to suggest two other things :
  - Name the release beta1, to be aligned with the beta1 release of SDO.
  - Any blocking issue to be tracked as blocking JIRA and directly
assigned to beta1 release.

Does this sound ok to everyone?  Any Thoughts ?

[1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/RDB+DAS+-+Java+DAS+Beta1+Release

--
Luciano Resende