For some days now there has been an avalanche of requests for linux
including Ubuntu, on Dell machines, on the new site
http://www.dellideastorm.com/  in which Dell has asked for comments
about its products and services.

The overwhelming requests have been for linux, including Ubuntu.

The Dell response so far has pointed towards their immediate move to
provide certification for certain distributions and certain hardware. See:
http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/ideastorm/ideasinaction?c=us&l=en&s=gen

[extract]
".......We are listening, and as a result, we are working with Novell
to certify our corporate client products for Linux......."

Good.

But why do I not see a Ubuntu comment in addition to Novell?
And why is it only corporate products?
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391