alan c wrote:
> For some days now there has been an avalanche of requests for linux
> including Ubuntu, on Dell machines, [...]
> But why do I not see a Ubuntu comment in addition to Novell?
> And why is it only corporate products?

Eric S Raymond provides some insight in his " World Domination 201"
paper. I posted about this in the past few days here:
http://www.salmar.com/pipermail/wftl-lug/2007-February/015369.html
http://www.salmar.com/pipermail/wftl-lug/2007-February/015384.html

So really, we need to stop correlating the survey with their Novell
announcement and remember this is a limited,
corporate-market target, Novell-only-for-now deal. Good news, but
certainly not "Any Linux on all Dells for eveyone, because of this
single survey". Why ? Among other reasons, the seer size of Dell - but
also pressure from MS I guess.

They actually clarified that later on:
http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=linux_and_unix&articleId=9011907&taxonomyId=122&intsrc=kc_top

Fabian Rodriguez