Hi Loody,

loody wrote:
You are really making things difficult for yourself to start out.

My suggestion, get the uClinux-dist, use the arm-linux compiler
linked from uclinux.org. I specifically use the GDB/ARMulator
target. Build it "as is" and run it on the Skyeye emulator.
Use that as a starting point.

Regards
Greg

Hi:
I feel it is too difficult either :-(

It doesn't have to be :-)

At beginning, I use the combination you suggest, but uclinux makes me
cry when I find that the only executable file format that can run on
uclinux is FLAT.

No need to cry :-)

Why is only supporting FLAT a problem for you?
(It is not entirely true to say uClinux only supports FLAT,
some uClinux architectures support fdelf-pic).

I don't know how to make a flat with the arm-linux compiler linked
from uclinux.org. You can see it in the previous letter.

That is why I said to get the uClinux-dist.
It builds applications with that compiler against its
own uClibc. They work. I specifically test it for the
GDB/ARMulator target before uClinux-dist releases.

(GDB/ARMulator target emulates an ATMEL AT91x40 - an
ARM7tdmi part).

So, I ask for another cross-toolchain's help.

I am sure others could pop up and give instructions on
compilers and other tools they use. But I use the uClinux-dist
with arm-linux tool (from uclinux.org link) to build working
arm uclinux systems.

Regards
Greg