> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 06:12:15AM +0000, Jamie Lokier wrote:
>> I wouldn't be surprised if the Codesourcery tools (especially
>> pre-built libs) are targetting later ARM chips only, since people
>> using later ARM chips are probably paying Codesourcery for the work.
>
> Our tools support all (post-V4) ARM processors; I believe that we
> package libraries for all processors too nowadays.  The defaults may
> be fairly modern, though - so as Jamie said, be sure to tell the tools
> what you want your code to run on!
Hi:
If I guess correctly, the compile option is determined by 2 parts.
1. my config
2. Makefile, which will use call function to ask compiler what he
support or not.

In my case, 1 is the same both on Codesourcery and arm-linux-2006.
2 is determined by compiler itself.

I don't under compiler at all but is that possible the same option in
different gcc will produce different object code?
appreciate your kind help,
miloody