I see that a 1.4 version of geronimo-json_1.1_spec appears to have been
released on May 4, 2020.  Can anyone provide any details about what this
release was about?

The binary classes appear to be identical to the previously released 1.3
version of the same.  Also the JIRA version at [1] doesn't appear to have
been marked as released yet with the details about what was fixed or
changed in version 1.4.

So I was wondering if this release was intentional and the 1.4 version
should be used going forward or if something else has happened here?

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GERONIMO/versions/12346283

I'd appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Regards,
Eric