At 01:22 AM 11/2/2005 -0500, you wrote:
Hi George & All You Guys From 1998 :

  Anyway , here's another example of RS mesh displacement ,
however , this is a V3.53 example (image2mesh) .
http://www.studiodynamics.net/images/moonmesh_1998.jpg

   Turned out not bad , actually . Input is an awesome
POV utility that also supports errosion/craters etc .

Garry Curtis

Nice, it's still valid software, V3! Of course, it doesn't have real displacement so I'll stick to V5... but I should have another look at some old RPL stuff one of these days. All the time I spent learning that is mostly wasted.

Nice hires NASA links; hm, I'm starting to wonder if NASA really went to Saturn ;)

I now have a workflow that suits me fine, but surely there are many options... made some more scenes utilizing WM's flowmaps as VSL input. Once the mappings are correctly aligned with the mesh, a few lines of VSL will do the rest!
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ath8n0r/div/lake.jpg
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ath8n0r/div/lava02.jpg
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ath8n0r/div/ijsflow01.jpg
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ath8n0r/div/flowscope01.jpg

Time to learn WM in depth to get more interesting heightfields!

Thanks all,
Mark H