Hi Aidan :

   I think you missed my reply to Mark yesterday where I
mentioned the math going on behind World Construction Set's
"Rules of Nature" shader placement . The gif is a screenshot
of that old (v4) interface .

   Yes , Darktree has been mentioned many times here on this
list , by myself mostly , since I was using a similiar type
of interface in World Construction Set's Shader Manager .

   I just did a key-word search of my RS mail folder and you
mentioned it last at Christmas of last year , and I mentioned
it last in June/04 , 25 messages in all .

  I think there might be a market for a Realsoft user to build
such a frontend for VSL , but it would probably be a lengthy
process ... labour of love type of project .

   We were lucky in V3.53 with people who would take RS's pot-
ential and write an app around it , Like "Phenomena" and "Enh-
ancer" . Both great (front-end?) apps that allowed a typical
user to create amazing particle effects using RS's engine .

Garry Curtis
http://www.niagara.com/~studio