Hey,

We are upgrading from cassandra 2.1 to cassandra 2.2.

With cassandra 2.1 we would periodically repair all nodes, using the -pr flag.

With cassandra 2.2, the same repair takes a very long time, as cassandra does an anti compaction after the repair. This anti compaction causes most (all?) the sstables to be rewritten. Is there a way to do full repairs without continually anti compacting? If we do a full repair on each node with the -pr flag, will subsequent full repairs also force anti compacting most (all?) sstables?

Thanks,

Sean