Hi,

sorry to bring such question, but I want to ask what are the best JVM options for Cassandra node? In solution I'm implementing the Cassandra serves as read-only storage (of course populated at beginning) - the records are not changed in time. Currently each Cassandra node's VM has this configuration 16CPUs and 64GB of RAM. I've set these JVM options: -Xms4G and -Xmx40G; JDK 1.8.0_221. My question is what's the best size of memory for Cassandra node and if there's any relation between number of CPUs and memory size. When I've searched for an answer I've found that suggested size for node is 8GB of RAM, but I have doubts.

Thanks

Pat