You can replace the @RequestFilters annotation by: @Consumes("*/*")
That will translate to the Accept header being set, and can also be
overridden in the methods that could need so.

There is no prerequisite to implement the ComputeService :) I'm not
familiar with vcloud, but I can help explaining how the ComputeService
interface works and what and how needs to be configured (can also help with
code but I lack the knowledge of how the vcloud api works). Perhaps we can
have a chat in the IRC channel or start a new thread to discuss the impleme
tation details. Would this work for you?