> 1) log into Aegir
> 2) go to snippets -leaf
> 3) create snippet directories '/sitegroup-config/no.odindata.quickform'
> 4) create snippet 'config'
> 5) copy and paste the original config
>   - change the schema path to what you want to
>   - with experience I'd recommend to use
>     '/sitegroup-config/no.odindata.quickform' for the path
> 6) write schema
>   - you can use the original schema as a guideline
>   - rule of thumb: if you don't know what 'location' to specify, use
>     'parameter'

Ok, now I managed to work on my problem. I think that the recent discussion
about the state of the documentation initiated by Mattias Stahre is quite
relevant. I mean the problem that I was trying to solve was fairly simple
but the documentation did not help me much. Especially I think that the
terminology used in documentation and discussions is not consistent.
E.g. I still don't have concrete image of what is meant by snippet
directory. Somekind of UbiquitousLanguage
(http://domaindrivendesign.org/discussion/messageboardarchive/UbiquitousLang
uage.html)
would maybe be a good idea... or maybe not. That was just an idea. However
I'm guite new here and what I could give back for the community would be
somekind of document review from newbie perspective :)

Anyways thanks for the answer again.

>> Then I wonder if this customized configuration is sitegroup specific.
>> How do I create two different forms in the same sitegroup?
>
> 'no.odindata.quickform' has in 'component configuration' a place where
> you can enter the schema path if you don't want to use the default.

So do you mean the same 'config' snippet under
'/sitegroup-config/no.odindata.quickform' in Aegir? Or component
configuration in AIS? Because I can't see a place in AIS where I could
define a pointer to schema.

> BTW, if you want to get a local tutor, you can also contact me. My
> office is in Matinkylä, so we could also sit down and take a look
> under the skirt of MidCOM.

A funny thing because I live 500 m away from your office at Tiistilä :) And
yes a live hands-on tutorial would be great!

Seppo